Monday, June 27, 2016

ABC, 2 Litre Bottle Savings Challenge!

 Hello, this may be old news to some, but I recently came across a 2 Litre bottle savings challenge. I've seen a couple different totals, but the idea is if you save your dimes in a 2 litre bottle you should end up with somewhere between $500 - $800 when full! Isn't that a great way to save for a vacation!

So I decorated an empty 2 litre bottle (still a bit wet inside)! lol I used the Stella Vacation from Bugaboo Stamps and I cut the sentiment in half and only used the top part! I coloured the image with copics.

The paper band is from DCWV summer stack, and I used it as a guide to picking my colours. Super easy project! This would even be great for the kids to do, pick something they want to save for, choose an image from Bugaboo Stamps that reflects the end goal and decorate away!

Stop by the Catch The Bug Blog for more ideas!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Lola said...

I hadn't heard of this, but just a bottle for kids to save their pennies is a great idea too. And your coloring on this is gorgeous!

Megan J said...

Hi Laurie, an excellent idea, you can really see your savings rise using a clear bottle. Many years ago I decided to save our gold coins ($1 &$2) for a whole year I had over $1500 by Christmas! Thank you for the lovely inspiration... Megan