Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday Challenge...Anything Goes!

 Hello, it's the first Saturday of the month...can you believe it's November already!!!...so this weeks challenge at Catch The Bug is Anything Goes

For my card today, I used My Little Sock Monkey-front from Bugaboo Stamps. I also used one of my favorite techniques to add the look of texture to the monkey, which you can see better in the photo below. First I coloured him with copics using E44, E43, E42 for the darker parts. E51 & E50 for the cream parts and R27 & R17 for the red. Then I got out my Linen background stamp and sprayed it with rubbing alcohol (I bought it in a spray bottle at the $ store), dab off the extra and stamp. If you try it, just remember to only colour in the parts you want the texture in, or the whole thing will be textured. 

I also used this weeks Freshly Made Sketch FMS211

Make sure to join in our challenge and upload your creation to the Catch The Bug Blog. You will also see more greats samples from our amazing Design Team!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow...super cute! Love how you have colored this monkey...that texture is really fun!

Lola said...

That texture is really awesome. And great clean layout.

Jen Mitchell said...

How cute! I love the texture on the sock monkey. Thanks for the tip on how to do that! And thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is wonderful! I love your choice of stamp set and the fabulous colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!