Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Monkey Love Z Fold Tutorial!

 Hello, the last Wednesday of the month is always a Tutorial at Catch The Bug, so today I get to show you this fun fold! My Friend taught me this, and from a bit of searching around I think it's called a Z Fold card. 
I started my card with the pieces below. The brown base piece is 4.25" x 5.5", the pink piece is 4" x 10.5" and designer paper for the front, 3.75" x 2-3/8"
I'm having trouble with my camera, so the next picture isn't very clear, but I scored this piece at 2-5/8" and 5.25"
 then fold like the picture below. I also embossed the end with the spots and dots embossing folder.
 For my card front, I used Monkey Love-Big Heart from Bugaboo Stamps. I actually made this for my Niece for her Birthday, I thought it went nicely with the jungle lego set we got her!
 I had this image in stamp form from Totally Stampalicious days, so I stamped him twice on white cardstock and once on designer paper for the heart.  This can easily be done with the digital image as well. I coloured him with copics. Paper pieced the heart, cut the tail out of one image and glued it on and then cut the head out and popped it up.
You could also make this Z Fold card without the base, so to make an A2 size card you need to start with a piece 4.25" x 11" and score at 2.75" and 5.5"
It's a fun easy card, I hope you give it a try,
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Lola said...

I love this! I've done this fold once - so simple but adds so much dimension and interest. Wonderful inspiration.