Monday, July 7, 2014

Anything But A Card, Jungle Bookmark Set!

 Hello, It's Anything But A Card Day at Catch The Bug, and to day I'm showing you a Bookmark Set I made using the Mini Set - Tall Jungle Blocks from Bugaboo Stamps.

There are 7 Jungle Animals in the set, but today I've only used 5. I printed them all to be the same size, which is 3 7/8" x 1.25". I coloured them all with copics and then matted them with black.
 The bookmark itself is 2" x 5.25" and I added Designer Paper from Recollections. Then I added an eyelet to each with some twine.
 The holder can be folded up and and tied with a ribbon to give as a gift, perfect for book lovers, my Daughter has already staked a claim on this set! lol
I made a pattern for the bookmark holder so you can see how I made it...it's really easy...hope my instructions are! lol

This is made to hold Bookmarks 2" x 5.25" 

Start with a piece of cardstock 8.5" x 9" along the 9" side score at 2.25", 4.5" and 6.75" 
then turn your cardstock to the 8.5" side and score at 2.75"

Now with a pencil draw lines on an angle as shown below, and cut along the solid lines. Now fold along score lines, and fold the bottom (where you cut out the triangles) up.

To hold them in place, I used 1/8" scor tape along the center scor line of the triangles, but you could sew it or add a different adhesive, but it can't be too wide or your bookmarks won't fit.
I added designer paper to dress it up a bit, I didn't know how the black & white zebra would go with the green zigzag, but I like it!


Hope you liked this project, Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: