Friday, December 2, 2011

MMTPT174, Harry Potter Bookmarks!

Hello, this is my card/bookmark holder for Hunter. This weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT174, is a Harry Potter theme, and what Harry Potter would see through his glasses! This weeks Destination Station is to Hunter who turned 12 on December 1st! I know I'm late, but this can be a belated surprise!

The front looks like a normal card, I made the balloons using a stamp from the Sock Monkey set. The sentiment was computer generated and I made the tag with the designer label die from CDS.
All of the images are from Bugaboo Stamps. I bought these awhile back because all my girls, including myself, are Harry Potter fans!

There are 7 images, perfect for bookmarks for all 7 books. All the images were coloured with copics. I added some crystal effects to Harry & Dumbledore's glasses and dazzling diamonds & crystal affects to Dumbledore's crystal ball!
These were so fun to colour!
The finished size of the accordian tag/bookmark holder is 5.25" tall and each pocket is 3.5" wide.

To make this, I started with a piece of card stock 7.25" x 11" this will make 3 pockets, plus .5" tab to attach it to the second piece.

The second piece was 7.25" x 7"

With the 7.25" side along the top of the score pal, score at 2" on both pieces.

Then score at 3.5", 7", & 10.5" on the larger piece. and 3.5" on the smaller piece.

If you'd like to see a picture tutorial, just let me know.

I used SU dp to decorate and was inspired by the multi colours on the dust covers of the original books!

I'm also entering this in this weeks Catch The Bug Challenge, Anything Goes!

Have a Great Weekend!
Laurie

3 comments:

Jodie Mackrell said...

very neat! love the bookmarks! thanks for playing our Bugaboo challenge at Catch the Bug!

Rae Anne said...

Good Lord Lori, you positively slay me every single time that I visit your blog!!! Have mercy!!! ;) Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Anything Goes challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

Paul said...

I WANT ONE OF THOSE BOOKMARKS. Have just watched the final film on DVD - gutted it has now come to an end. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this week at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

P.S. Visit my blog to see my giveaway – I have some Digital Scrapbooking softwear up for grabs, all you have to do is comment on THIS POST HERE .