Tuesday, November 29, 2011

RILEY2411, Center Step Card!

Hello, it's time for a Challenge from Riley and Company! This weeks challenge RILEY2411, is hosted by Frances, and she's challenging us to make a center step card. You can find a great center step card tutorial by Frances (aka StampOwl) on SCS.

I changed the dimensions a bit for my card, I wanted to see if I could make one that fits into a regular A2 (5.5x4.25") envelope. I've included a pattern below with the measurements.

For my card today I used Riley and Percy Dancing! The stamps from the recent release are so cute, and this one is no exception!

I coloured the image with copics, and added some glitter to the snow. I also added some snowflake punch outs from the MS aspen snowflake edge punch.

The paper on the sides is from MS winter wonderland. The sentiment is also a new release from Riley and Company. It comes from the new Christmas word 1 set. The two mittens were cut out from the designer paper.
This is the pattern I used. I started with a piece of card stock 5.5 x 8.5"

The side panels are 1.25" start at 1" from the bottom, cut up to 5.25" do this on both sides

Then score the side panels at 1", 2" and 5.25"

Score the center panel at 4.25"

Now your card will be 5.5 x 4.25"

The center will be 3" and the sides 1.25", which can easily be changed just by moving the cut line closer or further from the edge. The card will remain the same size as long as you keep the starting size and scoring lines the same and only alter the cut line.

Please join us in our challenge and upload your card to the Riley and Company Blog. If you upload to any forums, please use the keywords RILEY2411.

Make sure to visit other Designers Blogs to see their take on the center step card, you can find the links on the right side bar.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

so cute Laurie

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Aw, how cute! I love the mitten theme and colors! Such a sweet and festive card :)

Silli said...

awww, so cute Laurie....LOVE the sweet image!

Joy said...

the paper and colors are so much fun!

Michele Lourenco said...

This is so so adorable!!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET we used the same stamp, FABULOUS!!~

Dolce Impressions said...

Very cute card, Riley and his friend are adorable. I would like to invite you to join us at Dolce Stamps and Cards your center step card is perfect for our Center Yourself Challenge. Visit us at dolcestampsandcards.blogspot.com would love to see you enter.

Julie said...

This is adorable Laurie!