Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MMTPT155, Just Chillin'!


Hello, I made this for this weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT155! This week we are to bring happy colours, critters, think comical, fun, and cheerful!

I'm using Poppi Penguin, this is a sneak peek because he will be available in stamp form at Totally Stampalicious on July 28th! When I read the challenge and we were asked to include a funny joke, I always thought a penguin joke my Hubby told our Daughter years ago was funny.

The Destination Station this week is to a brave young 13yr old who is about to have his 17th surgery. He loves jokes so we're hoping to tickle his funny bone!

I stamped Poppi Penguin twice and coloured him with copics. I added crystal effects to his glass and popsicle. I chose the picture so you could see the shine!

The card base is black with dp from Amanda Blu. I made the dotted panel using the SU dot, dot, dot stamp.

Here's what it says inside:

A man drives to a gas station and has his tank filled up. While doing this
the clerk spots two penguins sitting on the back seat of the car. He asks
the driver, "What's up with the penguins in the back seat?"

The man in the car says, "I found them. I asked myself what to do with
them but, I haven't a clue."

The clerk ponders a bit then says, "You should take them to the zoo."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," says the man in the car and drives away.

The next day the man with the car is back at the same gas station. The
clerk sees the penguins are still in the back seat of the car.

"Hey, they're still here! I thought you were going to take them to the zoo!"

"Oh, I did," says the driver, "and we had a great time. Today I'm taking
them to the movies."

LOL, well I think it's funny, I hope Jake does too!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is adorable Laurie! I love the crystal effects on the popsicles and the shades. Great layout with the two images and your fun summer colors! Love it!