Monday, July 11, 2011

MMTPT154, Daisies & Bees!

Hello, this is my card for this weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge, MMTPT154. The destination station this week is to Rita, who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. The challenge this week is to bring at least 3 daisies (oops) birdies, bumblebees, but No trees! Well I didn't bring a tree, but I fell short on the daisies and I have a butterfly & ladybugs instead of a bird...I guess it's the back door for me!

I used last weeks MOJO198 sketch for my card today.

This is Deacon Bugs, he is a Bugaboo image available in stamp form from Totally Stampalicious. I coloured him with copics and added some crystal effects to the ladybugs & bee, some glitter to the bees wings & tiny gems to the flower centers.

The card base is riding hood red, with a layer of white and a layer of daffodil delight dp. On the white side I stamped it with a stamp from the SU Polkadots & Petals set in black to look like the teapot.

The faux stitching was made with the zigzag sew easy tool and a 0.3 black copic liner.

The strips are just scrap dp I had and the butterfly was made with the sizzix die & daffodil delight. I sponged the edges lightly with riding hood red and added a couple red gems in the center.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: