Monday, June 13, 2011

MMTPT150, Get Well Wishes From Charlie!

Hello, I made this for this weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT150! This weeks Destination Station is to Jessica, the daughter of fellow teapotter Cathy (Mutnik) who was seriously injured in a fall while riding her horse this week. You can find all the info here!

I used Charlie Horse from Cleardollarstamps.com, this is 2 different stamps, Charlie Daisy and Charlie Gets Giddy! Isn't he perfect to cheer up a horse lover!

I coloured both images with copics, masked the horses and sponged in some clouds with soft sky and a scallop circle for the cloud mask. The flowers Charlie is holding were cut out and I added some really thin strips for stems and hand cut a couple leaves. All the flowers have tiny pink gems in the centers.

I loved the 5x7 double twisted easel, so I decided to try & make another size. So here's a tip you can learn by my mistakes, you MUST start with a square piece of cardstock! If it's not square, it won't work.
So for this card I started with a 5.5" square piece of cardstock.
Score in half at 2.75"
Then cut the unscored side at 2.75" down to the score line
I found this cool design on Kim's blog here, just scroll down a bit, you can follow her pictures and these measurements!

The finished card when folded is 2.75" x 5.1/2"
For some reason the light makes the panels look slightly different in colour, but they aren't IRL.

I used a label punch from SU for the sentiment which is from Mark's Finest Papers set Ladybugs & Carnation. It's popped up to work as the stopper, and I dressed it up with some flowers with gemstone centers, and some sheer ribbon!

Stamps: CDS Charlie Daisy, Charlie Gets Giddy, MFP Ladybugs & Carnation
Paper: pretty in pink, white, certainly celery, dp Echo Park-a walk in the park
Ink: black, soft sky, certainly celery, daffodil delight
Accessories: copics, scallop circle mask, gems, ribbon, SU label punch, marvy flower punches, dimensionals

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Kim said...

super cute! love those stamps! the colors is great and love that paper to

Julie said...

These are adorable! I'm sure they will cheer her up!