Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MMTPT146, Relax and Feel Better Soon!

Hello, I made this card for 2 challenges! This weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT146, we were to bring something you would find at a beach!

This weeks Destination Station to Anthony, a 17 yr old who was in a terrible accident that left with with severe injuries, and a long road to recovery!

I also used this weeks MOJO Monday sketch MOJO191.

I used Hammock Riley for my card today. He's coloured in with copics and then I masked him off and sponged some blue in the background. The edges of this panel were distressed.

My starting off point for colours was the plaid dp from DCWV's animal crackers. I'm hoping that is masculine enough for a teenage boy, and I also included drywall tape & sandpaper for a more manly touch!


I don't always think to do the inside, but I really wanted to get the wave punch in there somewhere! The top of the waves were sponged then I cut a couple strips of sandpaper, tore the tops and added them!

The sentiment is from Everyday Saying!


Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Laurie! How nice it would be to be swinging in that hammock, right? :) Beautiful design and love how you incorporated something you'd find at the beach! A beauty, this one!