Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Birthday card & Olivia's Entry!

Hello, this is a card I made for a little girl named Abby. She was a recipient of Teapot Tuesday cards a while back, and now we're sending her a birthday card to cheer her up! I finally had some time to play with my new Stampin Up stuff! I must confess I took a cruise through the Create a Cupcake gallery at SCS and loved Karen's card, so I cased it! The card base is peach parfait, with a layer of dp-ice cream parlor on the bottom and white on the top. The top was embossed with the framed tulips EF. I also sponged the edges with the peach parfait. I stamped the bottom of the cupcake with old olive. The topping was sponged on the edges and I added some MS glitter for sprinkles.

This card was made by my Daughter Olivia (11)! She is entering this in Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge, to have 4 or more layers.


She used JJ cooks, which is a Bugaboo image available in stamp form at Totally Stampalicious! JJ is coloured in with markers and she even added crystal effects to her eye glasses & wine glass.


Olivia used various colours and panels to make the layers, and I see she also used a nestabilitie and and embossing folder! The sentiment is popped up!


I'll have another post shortly!


Have a Great Day,


Laurie

2 comments:

sgc said...

Olivia--I love your card! You did a fanastic job. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo challenge. Mom--your card is very cute too:)

Tammy said...

Fantastic cards and JJ looks fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)