Monday, March 21, 2011

MMTPT138, Get Well Kim!

Hello, this is my card for this weeks Teapot Tuesday Challenge MMTPT138!

This weeks Destination Station is very dear to me, we are sending our cards to Kim. He's my Cousin, and he was recently diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer which has spread to his bones! Kim is only 41, we both lost our Fathers to cancer in the last 10 years as well as our Aunt, and our other Aunt is currently fighting breast cancer. Kim is the first of our generation to be diagnosed with this horrible disease. I requested Kim as a Destination Station so we can bring him so good wishes, cheer, anything to lift his spirits!

Kim is a fan of the Boston Bruins, so I used the team colours to make my card! The image is Hockey Riley, dressed in Bostons colours. I used copics to colour him in.

The back ground panel was made with the word 'fight' from a Totally Stampalicious set called Breast Cancer Stella set and a star from a GinaK set Just so Sporty.

I hope he likes it!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Anne Tussing said...

Perfect card! Best wishes and thoughts to your cousin, Kim.

tweetskeek said...

Great card... all the best for Kim... stay strong.