Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MMTPT133, MCWHOO AND MCWHOOLISTER SITTING IN A TREE!

Hello, this is my card for this weeks Teapot Tuesday challenge MMTPT133, McWhoo an McWhoolister Sitting in a Tree!

I've been dying to try the sliding pop-up card from last weeks Technique Lovers challenge TLC311, so I just had to use it today!

I also used today's colour challenge CC310, well I used a different green, hopefully that's ok!

Now this is one of those cards that I thought was going to be easy, and it would have been if I stuck to my original plan, which was pretty much the same, except the background was going to be either dp with clouds or a sponged cloud background!

But my Stampin Up order was due yesterday, and while flipping through the books I was inspired by page 2 of the sale-a-bration booklet and the beautiful cheery rainbow!

The owls are from the Love Bandit set, I stamped them with pacific point and cut them out. The tree and leaves were made with a die-namics from My Favorite Things. The grass was made with the MS edge punch.

The background is white and I sponged clouds in using a mask and soft sky & pacific point. The rainbow was made mosted with punches, the hearts, butterflies & stars were all from MS punches. The flower is from the SU bitty punch.

I ended up using acetate for the front pop up mechanism since the tree is so narrow and I didn't want to black out the rainbow!

The Destination Station this week is to Marie, the sister of SCSer/Teapotter PhilsMom (Fran, please follow the link to read her story!

I always struggle with what sentiment to use or what to say when sending a card to someone I don't know. But I wanted my card to be cheery so I thought this sentiment was appropriate!

I hope she likes it!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Monique said...

This is seriously cute Laurie.. I love the rainbow of shapes and those owls are adorable!!

marilynprestonn said...

Love this Laurie, I had to drop by your blog. I love your bright and colored card. The scene is perfect and will put a smile on MArie's face.

I see you use Riley too. He is one cool dude! LOL


:) Peggy