Saturday, January 1, 2011

Journal Jars!

Hello, I'm back again with some projects I made for Christmas! When I saw this project posted by shoregirl, I thought it was the greatest idea, specially since I know a few Girls with creative writing skills! So I sent her a pm, and she was kind enough to send a link to her Blog with links to prompt sites! I made one for Olivia, one for her Friend Daisy and one for my Niece Lauren, and they loved them!

I used the same stamp for each, it's called Betty the Bookworm (EH105) from Stamping Bella. I picked papers that I thought suited each girl, and coloured the image to match!
This is Olivia's. I bought a case of these jars at our local liquidation store quite a while back. They were really cheap, somewhere between $1 and $1.50.

This is Daisy's, yep I picked the paper for the fresh colours and the daisies! I also used the computer to right out some instruction, which just say to pick a prompt, glue it to the top of your page, and write your story!
This was for my Niece Lauren, who is quite an accomplished story writer at 9 yrs old! I included the same prompts in each girls jars, and there were alot! But some are about themselves, some start with if.... and some are more fantasy based! I know they will make for very interesting reading!
I don't know if you can see in the jar, but I printed out the prompts in two columns onto paper weight dp, in colours that matched the dp on the journals! I used a bone folder to curl each prompt, and I had so many I really had to stuff them in the jar.
These were a huge hit, I'm so glad they liked them!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: