Sunday, December 26, 2010

TSMONDAY, Recycle it!

Hello, Hope Everyone had a great Christmas! I'm posting the Totally Stampalicious Monday Challenge early so I can also remind you about the BOXING DAY SALE...Everything in the Store is 15% off til Midnight Tonight!

This weeks Totally Stampalicious Monday Challenge is to recycle something! I used an empty ribbon spool that was on my desk, and a paper bag!

I used the Bugaboo Image, Attitude Ruby now available in stamp form at Totally Stampalicious. The lid and bottom were made with a circle scallop nestie and baja breeze cardstock. I covered the side of the spool with the paper bag, which I realized later didn;t really make it look much different!!!

For the top, I covered a cardstock circle with the paper bag and stamped on Ruby. Then I stamped another ruby onto white cardstock & coloured her with copics, cut her out, and glued in place on the top.

Here's a photo of the side. I thought this would make a cute little container for some chocolate covered coffee beans, or whatever little treat you like!

Please join us in our challenge, I'm sure everyone has lots of recycle this week! Just make something and upload it to Mr. Linky on the Totally Stampalicious Blog!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

5 comments:

Julie said...

Laurie this treat holder is ADORABLE! The Ruby image with that sentiment is perfect for the treat holder! Love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice recycle Laurie!!

Unknown said...

Cute, Laurie!! We both used ribbon spools, but for completely different projects. Love your idea of the chocolate covered beans...those things are surprisingly yummy!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fab use of an empty ribbon spool.....so clever and stylin'

Julia Aston said...

Love this cute little box - great recycle project! and the image is too cute!