Saturday, October 16, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #25, Stitching!

Happy Saturday, it's time for another challenge from Speedy the Cat's Friends, and this week's challenge #25, is to use stitching, faux or real!

This dp from Basic Greys Wassail reminded me of a quilt, which reminded, me of stitching, so that's what I went with!

I love the tree in the new set 'Time to Chill', if you've been following the Blog Hop at Mark's Finest Papers, you've already seen lots of great ways it can be used.

For today's card, I decided to stamp my tree on dp and paper piece it. Below you can see I stamped the tree 2 times on DP then I cut every other layer, while leaving a bit at the tops for a tab. Then I glued these down to the red cardstock, starting at the bottom of the tree, and only gluing the tab part of each layer. This gives the tree a bit of dimension.
All the faux stitching was done by hand with a fine tip marker. I used some twine to sew the buttons together. The dove is a MS punch, I punched 2, very lightly sponged the top edges and then glued only the bodies together. The wings are spread apart and the dove is popped up.

Speedy's Friends challenge is open to everyone, and for every 50 entries there is a FREE stamp set. You can enter as often as you like, and if you use Mark's Finest Papers stamps, your name will be entered twice! Please make sure to upload your creation on the Mark's Finest Papers Blog!

Have a Great Weekend!
Laurie

7 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What gorgeous work with this fabulous paper pieced Christmas tree, Laurie! It is stunning backed by this fun wassail paper!!

A sensational holiday card!!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a beautifully done card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great job on pp the tree! I love the dimension it gives~ that paper is fabulous!

Joanne Travis said...

Such a beautiful job piecing that tree, love the paper and layout too. Just gorgeous!

redwasher1 said...

Love the 3 D look of your paper pieced tree! Fabulous card!

Carol L said...

I love how you used this fabulous DP on your card! The paper pieced tree is so pretty done in layers, and the stitching pulls it all together perfectly! Just beautiful!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what perfect dp to highlight your tree.....