Saturday, September 11, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #20, Fall Colours!

Happy Saturday Everyone, it's time for another challenge from Speedy the Cat's Friends! This weeks challenge #20, is to use fall colours.

Just so you know, a randomly drawn winner will win a FREE stamp set. There is one winner drawn for every 50 entries, and if you use stamps from Mark's Finest Papers your name gets entered 2 times. You may enter as many as you like...just upload your creation here by Friday September 17th at 3pm.

For my sample this week, I'm using the new set Stinky Situation just released this week! I love this set, it includes a few critters, sentiments and this great tree background!

I stamped the images in black onto white. The trees seemed kinda lost so I decided to colour in between them and it really helped to make them stand out.

The card base is black with a layer of white and then DP from Basic Greys Origins. The procupine and layers were cut with the petite oval/scallop nesties.

I finished it off with some beautiful black satin ribbon from MFP's and some yellow taffeta. I tied the little sentiment tag on with some fancy black fibre!

Recipe
Stamps: Stinky Situation
Paper: black, white, Basic Grey Origins
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, daffodil delight
Accessories: petite oval/scallop nesties, satin ribbon, taffeta ribbon, fibre, MS tag punch, dimenionals, copic

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Have a Great weekend,
Laurie

8 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This card definitely says Fall! I love that dp you used!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Laurie - I love the excellent job you did of matching to the bg paper! Color between the trees was an excellent choice!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love this color combo...very uniquely fal....and those birches...I think I have to acquire that set just for those trees...lol

Joanne Travis said...

LOVE the colors you chose and the designer paper. This is such a wonderful design!

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work on this sensational autumn creation, Laurie!! I love your wonderful colors and papers!! The addition of the fiber is perfect with this prickly little fellow!!

redwasher1 said...

This is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Love it!!

Carol L said...

There's so much to look at with your fabulous card and all of the great details you added! I love the fibers you tied the tag on with! What a cool card!

Claudine Poch said...

Great card! Fabulous colors and layout!