Thursday, September 16, 2010

Look at Those Fabulous Fashionable Ears!

Hello, this is a gift card holder I made for my Daughter's friend Daisy! Daisy turned 10 on Monday, she likes monkeys and was getting her ears pierced, so this holds a gift card for Ardene's, an accessories store in the local mall. I made one of these before, so you can find the instructions here.

To start, I stamped the canvas background stamp in crumb cake onto very vanilla and kraft cardstock. Then I stamp the Monkey on both with soft suede, and once on white. Then I cut out the pieces and glued them to the white. Then I cut the whole thing out. I added red marker to his mouth, and tiny flower gems for earrings!

The base is rich razzleberry, and then I wrapped the ribbon around so it ties shut. I matted a piece of cottage wall dp with pale plum and attached it with dimensionals.

The ballon is from the Sock Monkey set, I stamped it onto white 5 times and added Daisy's name with the 'Rough Type' set. They were cut out, edges lightly sponged with pale plum, and positioned on the end of the linen thread and attached with dimensionals.

Daisy and Olivia went together to get there ears pierced after school. Here's a pic of the birthday girl and her newly adorned ears!
And this is Olivia, who was finally brave enough to do it because she had her friend Daisy with her!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Monique said...

Love this personalized card Laurie!! The sock monkey is to stinkin cute. Oh my goodness the girls ears look great... It is always better to go with a friend. That way it doesn't hurt as much :)