Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Big 5...0...!

Hi out there, well apparently history repeats itself, and I have been very sick these last couple of days...same time as last year! I do believe the return of school brings about an increase in the passing of germs! My kids both came down with colds suddenly last week, and of course I get it but worse. So I went to the Dr's today and hopefully the antibiotics will work quickly!

So Monday was the 5oth Birthday of my BIL! I know this card may not be your typical masculine card, but Guy is in the business...acting/singing and this just seemed perfect! He actually had a singing performance Monday night in TO that a few family members were able to attend!

I knew I wanted to make a card that had something to do with music, and when I saw this paper in a DCWV pad called Songbird Stack, I knew I had to have it!

The cardbase is black, with a layer of the glittery dp. The sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers set 'Daffodil & Anise'. I embossed it with black embossing powder. I used circle & inverted circle scallop nesties to make the layers.

The tickets were made with the SU set 'Admit it' I masked off the center and stamped with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. Then I cut them out and stamped in the 5 & 0.

I finished it off with some brads and ribbon!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie
ps Riley sneak peek and release start next week Monday Sept. 20

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

I think this is a great b'day card for someone involved in music-I like it-great paper