Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SFYTT, I down ??? to Go!

Hello, well that feels good, I have my first Christmas card for 2010 done!

This is an image from Amber Ink, called Tis the season to be pretty! Amber Ink is this weeks Sponsor of SFYTT (Sketch For You To Try) and this is my entry! I loved this sketch.

I coloured the girl with copics, but her skirt is paper pieced. I paper pieced the tree and added another piece on the bottom to mak it longer. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added glitter to the star and the tops of her boots. I shaded the background a bit by keeping the oval nestie on and sponging in Tim Holtz antique linen. The oval is popped up.

The card base is real red, all the dp is from a Daisy D's pad.

It's finished off with red satin ribbon and filigree brads with red crystal brads in the centers.

This also fits the DTGD10BevMom02, winter wonderland!

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Amber Alvarez said...

OOh! How fun, Laurie! I LOVE it! It scares me though, do we have to get ready for Christmas soon!? xo