Sunday, July 18, 2010

Leave A Message Please, I'm Busy!

The Dare to Get Dirty challenges are in full swing over at SCS, and I couldn't wait to join it! I made this for DTGD10kittie747, Lost and Found. Okay so maybe I wouldn't have thrown this acrylic photo frame out, I would have donated it, but instead I altered it! Now it's a message center, cause sometimes you need a night out with the girls with no interuptions!

This fabulous image is aFREE digi available at Amber Ink. She has several Digi's up right now, and Tuesday July 20, is the Grand Opening of her Store, with Stamps, Digi's and more, I can't wait!

For this, I made a mat for inside the frame with dp from Memory Keepers called Girls night out-on the rocks. I backed this with kiwi kiss. Then I used the MS grass punch for the bottom and sponged the grass edges. Then I slipped this into the frame.

I made a little holder for the post-it note pad with black cs and punched the edge with the scallop punch. The pencil is sort of a lost & found item too, I think it's from Ikea!

The images I used are from a set called Hope, Popcorn and Wine. I coloured the Girl and wine bottle with copics, and cut them out. I positioned the girl in the grass then punched a smaller strip of grass and popped it up with dimensionals. Then wine bottle is glued onto this piece. The flowers were made with the bitty SU flower punch and I added gems to the centers.

Recipe
Stamps: Amber Ink Digi - Hope, popcorn and wine
Paper: kiwi kiss melon mambo, yoyo yellow, white, black, Memory Keepers girls night out-on the rocks
Ink: kiwi kiss
Accessories: copics, scallop edge punch, MS grass punch, bitty flower punch, gems, ribbon, dimensionals, acrylic photo frame, post it notes, pencil

Thanks for stopping by,
Laurie

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh MY Goshers Laurie! This is SO clever (and such a sense of humor comes thru). I love the hot pink pad w/it. Did you put it up on SCS? I haven't checked yet.
Everyone is labeling as "AMBERINK" - one word.

I LOVE IT. Wait till Amber sees it. She'll be to the moon!

Amber Alvarez said...

Oh man! This is the cutest! I LOVE it. The colors and the humor are so bright and brilliant! Thanks so much, Laurie!