Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #5, Silhouettes

Hello, I made this for the 5th Speedy's Friends Challenge at Mark's Finest Papers! This weeks challenge is to make a silhouette card!

I decided to make a masculine card. I used the trees in the Our Family Tree set.

This was one of those cards that I could see in my head but had trouble getting the effect right! I started with regular whisper white, but then when I stamped my trees with stazon the stamp stuck like glue and didn't leave a very nice impression! So then I decided to add some ink to my stazon pad and redo the background onto glossy white cardstock. The colours aren't very virbrant on the glossy...don't know why! The trees are better, but still not the best image...again don't know why!

I also started out using this weeks colour challenge barely banana, garden green, close to cocoa, with a bit of soft sky. I ended up ditching the close to cocoa, because I liked this colour combo.

The cardbase is black, with a layer of garden green stamped with the weathered BG stamp. I also stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set as the trees, in black on the bottom.

The main panel is matted on barely banana and black. I added mini black brads to the corners, and then popped this panel up.

Recipe
Stamps: Our Family Tree, weathered BG
Paper: black, garden green, barely banana, glossy white
Ink: garden green, barely banana, soft sky, baja breeze, so saffron, black stazon
Accessories: sponges, brads, dimensionals

TFL
Laurie

3 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

What a GORGEOUS card!!!! WOW!

Vicki Dutcher said...

OH MY! This is so pretty! Great masculine card - Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!!

Liz Williams said...

I love this green and yellow together. Fabulous card and so perfect for a guy. Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends this week.