Thursday, June 10, 2010

Going Buggy!

Hello, I made this for todays ways to use it challenge WT274!

Okay so the vision I had in my head was a clean and simple card, not my usual, but I pictured a white card base with the butterflies and tag as you see them. But I tried it, and while it looked nice, I just couldn't stop there! lol So this card is not CAS but it does have bugs! well if you count butterflies as bugs, I guess they're the nice pretty kind.

I stamped the butterflies on white with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. Then I sponged in pumkin pie and pixie pink. I also went over them with the Niji pearlescent watercolours. Once I got over my fear of getting the paint wet, I realized this stuff is super easy to work with! I had a hard time getting a good pick of the shimmer, you can kind of see it on the pic below.

I used 3 different sets from Mark's Finest Papers for this card. Daffodil & Anise (butterfly and sentiment), Ferns & Chickadees (frame in fancy tag), and Spring & Easter (butterfly).

The white background was in my scrap bin already embossed with the ornamental iron EF. The butterflies and the tag are popped up. I added gems to the tag too.

Recipe: Daffodil & Anise, Fern & Chickadee, Spring & Easter
Paper: black, pixie pink, white
Ink: versamark, black, pumpkin pie, pixie pink
Accessories: ornamental iron EF, nestie fancy tag, Niji pearlescent watercolours, gems dimensionals

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Monique said...

Oh my goodness Laurie ...this is stunning!!I Totally love this!!