Friday, May 28, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #4 Meoooow!!!!

Hi Everyone, I'm sneakin' in under the wire on this one! I made this for the 4th Speedy's Friends Challenge, we were to create a card or project with an animal on it!

I used the Siamese cat from the Speedy's Friends set. I also made this based on Faith's Original Coaster design. I loved this so much the day she posted it, that I went out & bought the materials (well my mirrors are round) and then never got around to making it!

I stamped my Kitty in versamark and then chocolate chip onto very vanilla and embossed in clear embossing powder. Then I sponged on Tim Holtz antique linen and vintage photo. The eyes are a copic BG05 and a bit of BG09.

The stand itself is 2 - 4" square coasters the front & back are covered with very vanilla, corners rounded and edges sponged in cool caribbean and tempting turquiose! The mats for the mirror were cut with circle and petite circle nesties.

The leaves were made with the sizzix leafy branch, and the flowers were made using the Rolled Flower technique. The flowers are very vanilla, edges sponged with cool caribbean and then I put a bit of Tim Holtz distress stickles on the edges.

Recipe
Stamps: Speedy the Cat's Friends
Paper: very vanilla, chocolate chip, dp
Ink: versamark, chocolate chip, cool caribbean, tempting turquoise
Accessories: copics, sponges, nesties, sizzix leafy branch, distress stickles, dimensionals, jumbo eyelets, ribbon

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

6 comments:

Chriserendipity said...

Hi! This is an incredibly beautiful, detailed art work! Love all your colours!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Laurie - this is totally awesome! That cat looks REAL! Thanks for entering the Speedy the Cat's Team Member contest. I will be letting you know if you are a winner!

Claudine Poch said...

I remember when you entered this in Speedy's Challenge. It is awesome, as are your other cards! I don't have a say in who gets chosen for the team, but I hope you are chosen.

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations, Laurie, on being selected to join the Friends of Speedy the Cat's Blog Team!!

Your work in gorgeous, and I look forward to working with you!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is soooo very PRETTY!!! You did a beautiful job on this, and your coloring is AWESOME!!!!!

Congratulations on making the DT you will have alot of fun, and cant wait to see what you make next!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl Walker

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Just saw this entry!!!!

And, I had Koko, this image's inspiration on my lap when I started reading! GREAT job!