Thursday, May 20, 2010

Speedy's Challenge #3 Spotlighting!

Hello, I made this for the Speedy's Friends challenge, spotlighting!
I can't tell you who many times I've wanted to tell you what I don't like about something I made or the mistakes made, but then I think nah who wants to hear that! But on this one, I loved it til I put the gems on, and then I couldn't get them off without wrecking the paper! and while we're at it, I don't think the spotlight is perfectly aligned and I wish I had popped it up! There that's my confession for today! lol
The card base is black, with a layer of white, and then red that's stamped with the french script and the edges sponged. Then I stamped the scroll in black.
The scroll and the roses are all from the 'Roses for You' set from Mark's Finest Papers.
The rose and leaves were cut out and attached to the label #3 die cut. This is popped up. The highlighted part of the rose is coloured with copics.
REMINDER
Please join us tonight, Thursday May 20, 10 pm est for the Riley and Company Blog Hop down the yellow brick road!
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Carol Southern said...

Wow, love what you did with this rose it looks terrific. Gorgeous card.

Claudine Poch said...

I never would have noticed your "mistakes." We are all very critcal of our own work. :) Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends Challenge.