Tuesday, April 6, 2010

RILEY0610, Ahhhh Happiness!

Hello, I'm like the little white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, always running a little late! But I made it, here's my card for the bi-weekly Riley and Company Design Team challenge. This weeks challenge RILEY0610, is a sketch challenge hosted by Silke. The challenge is open to everyone, if you upload to a forum like SCS please use the keyword RILEY0610 so we can see what you come up with. Here's the sketch...

I used TV Riley, and I chose a sentiment that would still let me use the card for more than one occasion. I'm thinking birthday, Father's Day, or maybe even a thank you.
I also used todays colour challenge at SCS, CC265, certainly, tempting, suede. I stamped my image onto white 2 times and once on Basic Grey dp origins. One was cut with a circle nestie, and coloured with copics. On the second one, I just coloured Riley and cut him out. For the dp, and coloured the pillow & tv stand with copics and cut out the sofa.
The rug was made by masking out the sofa & tv stand, then I punched an oval in a piece of paper and sponged on certainly celery.
Why not pop over to see more wonderful creations from the DT:
I hope you can play along!
Stamps: TV Riley, woodgrain bg
Paper: tempting turquoise, certainly celery, soft suede, white, Basic Grey origins
Ink: memento tuxedo black, tempting turquoise, certainly celery, soft suede
Accessories: copics, circle nesties, oval punch, EF leafy tree from crafts-too, sponges, dimensionals
Laurie

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

love it Laurie, esp the rug under the tv and sofa

Cindy Haffner said...

Riley is so FUN!

Cathy said...

Laurie, this is too cute. Love the image and as always your attention to detail and embellishments is perfect!!!

Riley and Company said...

I LOVE the rug! What a great idea! Adorable card!

Silli said...

OM Laurie, your card is sooo cute, love the colors. Hugs and happy day!

Dana Jones said...

Aww so cute...I picture him at a cabin enjoying his free time!