Thursday, March 4, 2010

There's a New Weekly Challenge at SCS!


Hello, I made this for the new weekly challenge called Free 4 All! It's the new Friday challenge and this was last Fridays F4A1. We were to use texture, my flower pot, a colour we don't normally use, crushed curry for me, and 1 piece of patterned paper, that's my background!

I also used this weeks colour challenge CC260, always crushing basics with the dessert option of making a border with nesties. OK I'm sorry but these are butt ugly colours in my opinion, so I did the best I could!

The frog is from Mark's Finest Papers, in the Speedy the Cats Friends set. I stamped him with black & coloured with copics. then cut him out. He's popped up on dimensionals.

The frame was made with a labels #3 die, and some circle/scallop nesties. The flower pot was made with the ornament punch, in going grey and the word window. I sponged the edges in both light & dark greys and the center of the pot has a couple dimensionals and the edges are glued down so it has a bit of a dimensionals. The leaves were made with a EK punch, edges sponged. The flowers were made with a marvy punch(orange size). I punched the flowers out of a scrap piece of white I had previously sprayed with gold shimmer mist. The centers are yellow gems.

I had a heck of a time with the ribbon, the sheer stuff wasn't co-operating with the bow making so I settled for this!



Here's a side view of all the layers.

Hope you like it!

Laurie

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hey Laurie, This is a super cute card. Love the frog with the flower pot. You combined the die cuts for a really cool layout. Inspirational as always GF. Happy Friday!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie
It's a good thing I know someone who makes cards!! LOL
Thanks
Shannon