Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Riley's Hunting Rabbits!

Safari Riley is on the hunt for a rascally rabbit! He found lots of evidence of a possible Easter Bunny! Look at all the delicious chocolate Easter eggs he's found! lol

The challenge on the Riley and Company blog this week is Hosted by the fabulous Riley Owner herself, Tanya. She is challenging us to make a 3D item using Riley or Sophie.

I came across this cool animal cracker box a while back and was waiting to use it for Safari Riley.
You can find Corie's fabuous tutorial here.

I started with a piece of baja breeze. Then using white cardstock and a scallop circle as a mask, I sponged in clouds. Thats what I used in place of dp.

Okay I did make a major goof on this, and of course it had to be after it was all together. I made the hole first with the coluzzle, but I wasn't happy with the edges, they looked to rough, so I ran it thru my Big Shot with an oval nestie and it cleaned up beautifully!

But it wasn't til I had the whole thing assembled that I realized I made the perfectly clean oval in the back!!!!!

So how to make a hole on the front....hmmmmm, well I traced the nestie oval with a pencil, and punched a hole in the center of that so I could cut around the edges with my scissors. So needless to say I have a window in the front & back, and the back edges look so nice & clean compared to the front!

I stamped Safari Riley onto white, and coloured him with copics. Then I cut him out. The grass was made with the Martha Stewart grass edge punch, and I sponged the edges. The bunnies are also a Martha punch, they're creamy caramel with edges, sponged.

I put eyelets in the sides for the ribbon, and the front is a build-a-brad.

You know how sometimes you see something online and it appears much larger than it actually is? Well this is actually a really nice size treat box. I will definitely be making more of these!

If you play along, please leave a link on Tanya's blog post so we can see what you've come up with, and use the keyword RILEY0410, if you upload at SCS or another forum.

You can also check out the other members of the Riley and Company Design Team to see what they've come up with. All the links are on my right hand sidebar.

Have a Great Day!
Laurie

10 comments:

Monique said...

This is adorable!! I love it ..Great clouds Love the bunnies in the grass they whole theme is very cute... :)

Dana Jones said...

Oh Laurie how cute is this! Love Riley hunting for easter eggs...so original. Thanks for sharing!

Shawnee Stamper said...

Oh wow! This is a gorgeous box with the window and a perfect scene for Safari Riley. Hunting bunnies! LOL!.

StampOwl said...

Oh how adorable is this!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!
Safari Riley is so cute!!!
Great job as always
Shannon

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my word, way to cute.

Silli said...

Big smile, this is so cute, love the image, PERFECT! Hugs and happy day!

Vicki G said...

Laurie this is so darned Cute!!!! Love it!

Vicki

Corie said...

Oh my this is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

demi lovato naked photos http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude demi lovato naked pics