Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coffee Shop Blog Hop!


Hello and welcome to the first ever Totally Stampalicious Blog Hop...or Coffee Shop Blog Hop! The Guest of honor this evening is the newest addition to the Totally Stampalicious Family...Coffee Brawd! She will be available for purchase tonight at midnight est here.

Each Design Team member will be randomly choosing one lucky winner from each of our blogs! So there's lots of chances to win.

Want to know what you could win? There's some awesome prizes up for grabs tonight!

6 - $5 Gift Certificates
3 - $10 Gift Certificates
2 - Coffee Brawd Stamps Set
*Grand Prize* - 2 Stamp Sets and 2 Digi Sets - WINNER'S CHOICE

All you have to do is make sure you leave a comment on every DT Members Blog and YOU could win!!!! The Blog Hop ends at 9PM EST Friday March 12! Winners will be announced on Stampalicious Monday the 15th!So how's about we get STARTED!


This is my 1st project using the new Coffee Brawd! She's awesome, fun to paper piece and comes with lots of sentiments! I started with 2 cans of flavored coffee like the one pictured above. I covered the cans with designer paper, and printed out the names on the computer to cover the tops. The two I used were Gingerbread and Eggnog, which then led me on a Christmas/winter type theme! I know it's finally sunny and beautiful here and I'm making something with snowflakes!!!!


Then I measured the cans & made a bottom & top out of bashful blue cardstock. I stamped 'java' with versamark on these.


Then I made the sides using acetate cardstock.


I stamped Coffee Brawd onto white, and coloured her with copics. I also stamped her on DP and cut out the robe and slippers. I stamped her head again, coloured & cut it out and popped it up a bit.


I also stamped a second set of hands with mug and popped them up on top. I cut little slits in the sleeves to tuck them in and make it more realistic looking. I tried to get a close up photo of this but I wasn't having much luck!


I masked off the image and stamped 'java' in the background.


The sentiment 'junkie' was stamped with old olive and punched with a circle then matted. Trying to stick with the wintery scene, I added a small snowflake & brad.


Then a wrapped some satin ribbon around the whole thing and tied a bow on top!


So if you leave a comment here, and each of the Design Team members blogs, you will have that many chances to win!

I know they all have some incredible creations to show you using the new Coffee Brawd set.

If you didn't start at the Totally Stampalicious Blog, you'll want to go back and start there. Your next stop from here will be Becky.

Here's the whole list of Coffee Hop Stops!


Patricia
Recipe:
Stamps: Coffee Brawd
Paper: bashful blue, white, old olive, acetate, dp
Ink: memento tuxedo black, old olive, bashful blue, versamark
Accessories: copics, snowflake punch, brad, circle punches/nesties, dimensionals, satin ribbon


Good Luck

Laurie

39 comments:

StampOwl said...

Oh what fun!

Unknown said...

What a great little gift set you have created using your coffee brawd images!! Love it!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a great project, Laurie!!! LOVE the acetate box...and who doesn't love gingerbread!!! Her robe looks awesome, too!!! Fantastic!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Mary G. said...

I'm ont a coffee drinker, but I just LOVE this set!! Love the project you did here!

Monique said...

This is such a great gift Laurie..You did a fabulous job :)

Patricia Rose said...

wow, Laurie, this is one fabulous coffee gift set... I love the acetate box and how you covered the coffee tins and labeled them.. Love the java stamped bg, wonderful colouring on Miss Coffee Brawd.... hugs.. Pat

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a great gift set....fun too

Lesley said...

What a fun set. Love your java background!

Tracey said...

What a fabulous gift! Love this!

Ms. Earlgrey said...

The gift idea, was perfect, I would have never ever think of that, I'm definitely going to make this one.

Joan

Rebeccah Kuhne said...

Mmmmmmmmmm! That coffee looks so yummy! I love your project! I have been meaning to try one of these boxes and now I am going to have to looking at how FABULOUS yours is!

Sue said...

What a great gift idea. I love the green robe.

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally awesome gift packaging! I love the colors too! Who wouldn't love this girlie!

Anonymous said...

Cool tin decor! Pretty ribbon and robe color! Rosy Eckhardt yellowroses4us@aol.com

Sue T said...

Looks great Laurie, gotta love this coffee brawd...

Courtney said...

Very cute project!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!
Thanks as always for sharing.
Shannon

Jessie said...

How cute! I love the colors and stamps you used!

Kendra said...

Aren't we all just coffee junkies!?

gruddy9 said...

Love it as always

Lori Turner said...

Laurie, this is totally amazing! For a coffee-a-holic, I would *love* to receive this as a gift - WAY COOL!!! TFS!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is really cute.

Rachelle said...

love the green.. perfect for teacher holiday gift.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Definitely going to try this one!!!

Bobbi said...

A great gift idea, I have several java junkie friends and family members. TFS

Vicki G said...

What a fabby project Laurie!!! Love the colour combo you used!

Hugs

Vicki

~Jeri~ said...

Oh wow!! This is awesome!!! your box is awesome!! What a great gift this would be for a coffee lover!!

Crazy Creations said...

That is great I need to step it up after seeing Your project.Hugs Sarah

Danielle Shaffer said...

Laurie what a fun set! I love how you coordinated your tins with the card.

Kate Stockman said...

What a clever project, love it!

Anonymous said...

Super cute.

Dee in N.H. said...

What fun! Love your project!

Melissa said...

What an adorable project you made - I love the little box. I need to dig out my acetate... Great job!

Leezer said...

What a great project. Love the soft colors. Fantastic. Thanks for the hopping
Leezer

Unknown said...

Another great project and another great gift idea.

Maria Matter said...

what a great project!!!
love it!!!
Blessings, Maria

Corie said...

This is so fabulous!!

scrap_in_time said...

Love it!! You have inspired me to go make some coffee and give this box a try.