Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CC252, Sympathy for a Friend


Hello, it seems that although I have boxes of cards, when I need one for a friend, I never have the right one!


Our Friend lost his Mother and although I have a few sympathy cards, I didn't have the right one! So I needed it fairly quick and decided to use this weeks colour challenge CC252 bermuda celery hunters, and I took inspiration from Faith aka markie'smom, she always has beautiful cards.


The card base is handsome hunter, with a layer of bermuda bay and and then a layer of white that was embossed with the victoria EF and I punched the edge with Martha Stewarts botanical scallop edge punch.


The image from Flourishes Birds in Vines set, was stamped onto white with memento tuxedo black & then I coloured the leaves with copics. The coloured was sponged on with daubers, and I used a white inkssentials pen on the flower. I cut this out with oval nesties and popped up.


The sentiment from SU Warmest Regards was stamped with handsome hunter and punched with the modern label punch. I popped it up and added tiny pink gems.


It's finished off with white satin ribbon.


TFL

Laurie

No comments: