Thursday, November 26, 2009

Teen Skater Birthday!


Hello, I made this for my Daughter to give to her Friend for his 17th birthday! Boy they sure grow up fast!

I stamped the image 'Extreme Skateboard' in black stazon onto glossy white. Then I used those make up triangle sponges to drag colour across. I used yoyo yellow, pumpkin pie, certainly celery and ruby red. The image is matted onto black & popped up.

The sentiment is from the 'Party Punch' set. I ony used yellow and red on it. Then I punched it out with the 1 1/8" circle punch & popped it up on a 1 1/4" black circle.

The card base itself is black, with a layer of yoyo yellow, edges distressed, then a layer of DP from the Memory Keepers Teen Angst pad. I love this pad, I seem to use it a lot!

I finished it with some faux suede.

So I found out the hard way, that even though stazon & memento are both permanent inks, stazon works best for this. I actually had my whole card assembled with the images stamped in memento. I didn't notice til the next day that they weren't shiney at all! So stazon dries with a shiney vibrate black & memento looks chalky!
Have a Great Day!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Laurie

No comments: