Sunday, October 11, 2009

Get Well Treat From Nurse Sophie!


Hello, I made this for the Friday challenge HSC90, on the Hanna Stamps forum. This weeks challenge is Hosted by Cindy Haffner, make a treat holder!

I hope it doesn't matter that I didn't use the Halloween theme!

This is the new Nurse Riley/Sophie from Hanna Stamps. She looks so happy, she'd cheer anyone up!

So here is a 2,5,7,10 box, you can find the tutorial here. I coloured the Nurse with copics and added a tiny heart gem to her name plate.

Now originally the front edge was beautiful, I had used a MS edge punch with a tiny scallop edge & tiny hearts. But when I used the hole punch for the ribbon, I didn't notice it was wrecking my beautiful edge leaves indents! So I decided to repunch it, but I was doing it the lazy way, with the box already full of mints & the end result looked like I did it while drinking & the hearts didn't line up! darn it! so since I was running out of flap! I made it straight & rounded the corners!

I made the window in the box with an oval coluzzle, then backed it with acetate.The glittery heart was made with the Martha Stewart punch. I also punched a heart from a dbl sided sticky sheet, put it on the cs heart & dipped it into red glitter. The Nurse & the heart are popped up.

So that's my story!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving
Laurie

1 comment:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is ADORABLE, Laurie!! Your comment about it looking like you'd been drinking totally made me laugh even though it is so not true!!! This is simply fantastic!!!!