Monday, September 14, 2009

SU Birthday & Christmas!


Hello everyone, I caught some horrible bug over the weekend! Came on pretty sudden, it's that awful cold/fever type stuff & now it's moved into my chest! I think the kids went back to school & brought home all the germs! lol

Anyway to pass the time I have been able to sneak in a bit of time at my craft table. First off is a card I made for Olivia's friend Daisy! I used SC245 for the layout, although I changed panel #3 to a circle & kinda flipped the layout! I think it still counts! lol

I was undecided what to make for Daisy this year, but when I saw the Limited supplies challenge this week LSC237, I let it guide me!

Old stamp - Cool Cat, I think it was the 1st set I bought!

New Tool - Daisy texture plate...I got a big shot for my birthday last week!

Favorite Colour Combo - I love the colour combo of this SU dp (can't remember the name)

Least Favorite embellishment - would be primas hands down, but I dislike them so much I don't own any! So although I love these tiny gems, my big hands fumble with them alot trying to get them where I want!

Daisy and her family just got a new pale orange kitten named 'Mister'...he's so cute! So Cool Cat seemed like a good choice. I stamped him in apricot appeal & then ran a pumpkin pie marker around the edges.

The crown was stamped in versamark & embossed with iridescent ice EP, same for the scrap DP on the collar.

The sentiment is from 'So many scallops' I coloured it with markers, & the candle flames have dazzling diamonds glitter on them.

Daisy's Mom Sandee lent me a new magazine she bought with christmas cards. There were so many great ideas, and this was inspired by a card I saw.
The card base is from the naturals, I think it's ivory. The center is Candy lane dp, and I used edge punches on some riding hood red, and close to cocoa.

The little deer from the Merry & Bright set was stamped onto the natural ivory. I added a tiny gem for his nose, and popped this up on a red scalloped circle layered onto a 1 3/4" close to cocoa circle.

I finished it off with the riding hood red taffeta ribbon. I wish they made the taffeta in all the colours, I love it & it's so easy to work with.
Have a Great Evening!
Laurie

No comments: