Thursday, August 6, 2009

Get Well for my Uncle Bob!

Hello, I made this for my Uncle Bob, he's having a quadruple bypass on Friday! Now the story is that he first started to have pain or discomfort while lifting a canoe. So canoes make me think of birch bark. I used the sames steps for making faux wood, which can be found here in the resourses section at SCS. It's a fantastic tutorial by Kim. So to make the birch, I started with nautral white cs, & used going grey, basic grey & white craft ink. I blended it the dark grey too much, I think it needs some darker spots!

Anyway, I wanted a more manly get well card, since it's for my Uncle! I chose the colours by flipping through the dp first, and settled on Basic Greys Marrakech. The new Dusty Durango & retired Pacific point seemed to go good. I stamped Riley on white with noir black palette, and coloured with prisma colour pencils & oms. The thermometer is covered with crystal effects. I popped up his head. The pillow & comforter are dp. The footboard is the faux birch untextured! I don't often use chipboard, but I wanted to include big heart since he's having heart surgery, I think it turned out ok! I used faux leather to tie it on...the heart that is! lol
Hanna Stamps Guest Designer Challenge
You should check out the gallery with all the submissons for the Guest Designer Challenge round 2. Everyone was given the Bubble Bath Sophie to work with. We each have to make 2 cards, and one project. The first cards were posted Aug 1, the 2nd card is due Aug 8, and the project Aug 15. Gallery for round 2, #1 HSGDC1.
Have a Great Day!
Laurie

No comments: