Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What can you do with the Mermaid Hanna set?

Quite alot actually! lol Here's a few things I made, for the release party last night. First there's the Mermaid card, maid with 'Mermaid Hanna' and I also used a couple stamps from 'To the Beach'.

The card base is pumpkin pie, with edges sponged. The next is cool caribbean (almost out of that, darn!) I sponged the edges, and stamped some of the bubbles from the Mermaid set.

I really like the nesties Label #4, that's what I used for the center. The pumpkin has sponged edges, and I stamped the rock onto the white & coloured with copics, then popped up the white layer.

Hanna was stamped onto white & coloured with copics, then I added stickles!. Too bad the picture doesn't show how truely pretty it looks.

The shells & crab were stamped onto white, coloured with copics & I sponged the edges. The starfish is actually an EK punch, I added some dots & sponged. The ticket corner punch was used on the corners & I added dew drops.

I had one of those brain hiccups when putting this together, and taped the front down to the base before putting the ribbon behind! I managed to pry it up without distroying it, but I forgot I had wanted the ribbon to come out thru the white! So I carefully slipped I thin metal ruler underneath, to make a hole with the hand held eyelet thingy & hammer! lol yes it definitely was not an easy task, but somehow it worked out!

The next card uses the same 'Mermaid Hanna' set. This of course is much softer & more elegant, I think!. The base is blush blossom with the edges sponged softly. The next layer is white run thru the cuttlebug with the textile folder. The fancy corners were made with an EK punch.

I stamped the oyster shell onto white & coloured with copics. I stamped 2 & cut the top shell out on one to pop up over the flat back pearl. Added a few more pearls, & voila!




I love this little dresser made with the new matchbox sizzix die. My friend Sandee made one last week, so I had to give it a try. Now when Olivia first saw this her eyes got all starry & I knew she was thinking about how much her Polly's would love it! lol So I do believe that this will become a Polly dresser!



The drawers were made with white cardstock. Then wrapped in pink pirouette dp. The tops were made with the top note die & metallic cardstock from Michael's. cut 4. I also cut 2 from a cereal box. I sandwiched the cardboard in between 2 of the DP to make it stronger, this was Sandee's idea. The drawer pulls are st rhinestone brads from the $ store.

For the top, I used the Mermaid Hanna set again. I did the same thing with the oyster as above. Keri, the other guest designer for Hanna Stamps this month, came up with this great idea to make coral. I already had the punch, & it's always great to find another use for your punches! So Thanks to Keri for this clever idea!

I finished it off with dew drops & flat back pearls.
You can also purchase this set in a new Release bundle for 20% off, can't beat that! There's also a larger bundle at 20% off which includes the retro 'Perfect Package' set. Great Deals!
Thanks for stopping by
Laurie

No comments: