Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Timber! and more DTGT09 Challenges!


I am so happy with the way this turned out. It's 5x5 and features the hunky Timber Riley! I tried a new fantastic technique & broke out the dusty sewing machine!

Doesn't the faux wood on the bottom look cool! hard to believe it's easily made with cardstock! I followed this wonderful tutorial by Kim on the SCS resourses page.

Timber Riley was stamped with burnt umber, onto very vanilla & coloured with copics. I used my new inverted scallop nesties, and sponged the edges of almost everything! lol

This fits 4 of the DTGD09 challenges:
DTGD09One_Happy_Stamper - sketch
DTGD09BevMom - sew unexpected (it really was)
DTGD09DeborahLynneS - Texture
DTGD09sf9erfan - for the boys

Stamps: Timber Riley
Paper: chocolate chip, old olive, more mustard, very vanilla, basic grey Mellow
Ink: burnt umber, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, chocolate chip, white craft
Access: inverted scallop/circle nesties, distressed stripes EF, EK leaf punch, sponges, brads, copics, stardust pen, button, thread, dimensionals

Let me know what you think!

Laurie

1 comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

He is darling!! Riley rocks!!!