Saturday, July 4, 2009

Minnie's New View!

Hello, here's another sneak peak for you! I used the new Mermaid Hanna set, to be released on Monday July 6, after the release party on the Hanna Stamps Forum from 9-11 pm, est. Everyone's welcome, hope to see you there!

Here's the story on this one, my Daughter Olivia received a little minnow & a little plastic fish bowl on the last day of Science Club about 3 yrs ago! I certainly didn't expect him to have a very long life, but he's still with us. I think there's only one other classmate that stilll has there's!

Anyway I was thinking it must be boring for poor little minnie (that's what she named her) to be looking at the same pink wall & the same messy bedroom all the time! So I created a background for her tank. As luck would have it, the tank measured 4x6, so I bought a frame at the $ store to hold the pic.
I started with a piece of white. Stamped the mermaid, covered her, stamped the rocks, covered them stamped the fish & seahorse, & covered them. I also stamped the bubbles & covered them with clear ep. Then I sponged on some blues. All the images were coloured with copics. I added some glitter to the mermaid. Then I just popped it into the picture frame, and it now stands behind Minnie's tank! I'd show you a picture, but the water isn't exactly clear!
You can find more fabulous sneak peaks on the Design Teams blogs...they are all so talented!Vicki, Adela, Cindy, Frances, Ilina, Jeanne, Joycelyn, Kerry, Sandra, Silkiand Keri she's also a Guest Designer for July!

Hope your having a great day
Laurie

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Laurie, First of all, Congratulations on being a Guest Designer this month, your work is always fabulous.
Love this Hanna Stamps Mermaid, can't wait until the Release Party to see all the new stamps.