Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jack's Turning 5, Playing Soccer & Chewing Gum!

Well it's hard to believe, but my Favorite Nephew Jack, is turning 5 on Saturday! They sure grow up fast! This is Jack's 2nd year playing soccer, so I desided to use my 'Soccer Riley' for the first time! His uniform is green, and his number is #2, so I changed the stamp a little! My SIL also told me he's taken to chewing gum, so I made him a gum cover to go along with the soccer theme!
Now I did start out using this weeks sketch challenge on SCS, SC238, and while it started out to be a fairly simple card, I got carried away! Simple & I just don't seem to go together when unsupervised! lol
I used the top note die to cut out the while piece. Then stamped Riley in noir black palette & coloured him with copics. I used a tiny piece of sticky note to cover the #7, and then drew a #2 in with a fine tip marker.
The soccer balls are from a See-D's set called Mighty Sporty. The words are from Melanie Muenchinger's set 'Just so Sporty' from GinaK. The soccer balls & the words are popped up.
For the gum package, I used the same colours & stamp. I masked out the #7 again & drew in the #2. I used a stamp from SU 'Classic Backgrounds' for the background. His name was made with the Justrite Roman font. I'm pretty sure he'll have the fanciest gum wrapper on the playground!
Stamps-gum wrapper: Soccer Riley, classic backgrounds, Justrite Roman font
-card: Soccer Riley, Just so Sporty, See D's mightly Sporty
Paper: glorious green, white, black
Ink: black, glorious green
Access-wrapper: circle punch, star punch, star brads, copics, fine tip marker
-card: top note die, inkessentials pen, SU star punch, fiskars star punch, circle punch, circle nestie, square punch, word window, copics, ribbon, fine tip marker, dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by!
Laurie

No comments: