Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When I grow up...I want to Design for Hanna Stamps!!!

I apoligize if you stopped by earlier and saw the jumbled mess! My Husband had installed version 8 on my computer & I have been having trouble using my blog since. While I was spending too much time trying to load this post, all the power in our neighbourhood went out!!!! yes that was me you heard screaming earlier!

Well I finially finished my Big idea for the Guest Designer Call on the Hanna Stamps Forum. I've always thought since there are so many Rileys & Sophies, that they would make a great story book! I had planned on making a book for my Nephew Jack, but when I saw this chipboard purse at Michael's, I decided to make one for my Niece Carly (his sister) first.

It wasn't easy choosing which ones to use, and after geting it all together, I realized I forgot the train Engineer! Oh well, I can use it on Jack's.To make it easier, I chose one SU designer paper pack to use, 'sweet always'. Then I just used colours from that.

All the Rileys & Sophies were stamped first onto white & then coloured with prisma colour pencils & odorless mineral spirits (oms).
All the sentiments were computer generated.
The first page doesn't have a stamp, just flowers made with the boho flower punch!

The second page started out white, I stamped Ballerina Sophie first, then masked her with a spotlight! I drew in the floor, and sponged in the wall colour. The curtain is just pieces of a scallop circle made with a nestie.
The third is the baking page. I covered the cake with a stardust pen and the icing is stickles, with a heart brad on top! The cupcakes have chocolate stickle icing! lol

The Fourth is the driving page. This page stared white. I sponged in colour to make the sky, grass & road. The trees are from the 'Tis the Season' set. The stop sign is from the 'Route 66' set.

Number Five is the flying page, I figured her parents would rather this than the motorcycle! This page started out bashful blue. I sponged the edges, and since I was too lazy to clean my sponge, there's green in there too!
The sixth page features the 'Tractor Riley' The page started out white. First I made a mask with a circle cut out and sponged the sun. Then I covered the sun & sponged the sky. Okay so it's supposed to look like a field, but I realized later that the ground should be dirt! not green grass! Oh well! I used the EK rock fern punch, hoping it looked like wheat or something!!! lol

The Seventh page is just happy & filled with hearts because that's how Mom's feel...except during the colicy months...and tempore tantrums, terrible 2's and the teenage years! But mostly it's good! The last page is a Super Hero, because who says she can't be one if she wants too! I used the circle/pinking nesties to cut out the center layers. Stars seemed to go well with SuperHeros and I changed the crest to 'SC' for Super Carly!

So what do you think? Isn't it amazing what you can make with Riley!

Have a great day
Laurie

3 comments:

Vicki G said...

Oh my GOSH!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!

Debby said...

What an adorable book! You did an awesome job!

Kerry D-C said...

WOW! this is AWESOME!