Friday, May 1, 2009

Catching up, and a template for a Spa gift box!

Hello, well I've had too many days away from my craft table the last couple of weeks, so I did some catching up yesterday! As you probably know by now I love Hanna Stamps, so be prepared to see the latest creations from my new (April release) stamps!

The first item is a gift I would love & I'm sure others would too! It's easy & affordable, plus Spa Sophie is the perfect stamp for this! It also fit perfectly for the Friday challenge HSC66, on the Hanna Stamps forum. We were to make something 3D.

I used the idea of a hanging treat box, and instead hung a box full of pedicure items from a bottle of nail polish remover. The box has nail polish, a pkg of foot scrubby stuff, emery boards, cotton balls, & chocolates!

This is my first time showing a template, so it is by no means professional! lol but you'll get the idea. You can click on the pic for a closer look. After getting the box together, I realized there was nothing holding the bottom side edges together. Although this may not have been a problem, I ended up re-enforcing it on the inside of the box. I would also recommend that you use a strong bonding 2 way tape to hold your box together. I used the terrifically tacky stuff that has the red backing.

The next is a card made for the sketch challenge SC225, and the ways to use it challenge WT216, we were to use black.

I used the Granny Hanny set. Actually I used accessories from the set to make the background. I stamped then in black, onto white & coloured lightly with copics. Then I cut the panels, matted them with basic grey, and used black for my card base.

The sentiment is computer generated... and unfortunately true! lol I matted that with rectangles made with nesties, popped it up & voila!

And lastly a card for this weeks sketch challenge SC226, and a Friday challenge on the Hanna Stamps forum, HSC65, polka dots & flowers.
I used one stamp from the Mommies to be set. She was stamped with burnt umber onto white. I coloured her skin with copics, but didn;t have the colours I wanted for her clothes, so I used prisma colour pencils for the rest. The circles were cut with circle & petite scallop nesties. This dp SU parisian breeze, is so nice to work with, and I love the soft colours with this stamp. The card base is kraft, and the ribbon is kraft taffeta!
Don't forget to check out the Hanna gallery this weekend for sneak peaks of May's new stamps. The release party is Monday, and everyone is welcome! There's games & challenges & of course chances to win Hanna Stamps, can't beat that!

Have a great weekend

Laurie
Okay because I can never figure out when or how a picture is enlargeable! I have posted the template on SCS so you can see it.
you can find it here.
I also can never figure out how to get rid of all this extra space at the bottom, created while trying to get my post & pictures just right!!!!! if anyone has the answers, please let me know. lol
Thanks
























1 comment:

"The real" MarthaSue said...

love your stuff!!! thanks for the inspiration!