Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a Big Saw You Have!


Hello, I made this for the Friday challenge HSC62 on the Hanna Stamps forum hosted by Ilina ok it was last Fridays challenge, but there's still time to play!

I love these colours together, I used not quite navy for the card base, a layer of very vanilla, the bottom is kiwi kiss, and the top is soft sky. The tree line was made with the EK alpine trail edge punch. all the edges of the grass & sky were sponged. I also used a stamp from SU itty bitty bg set on the grass area.

Timber Riley was stamped on white with black & coloured with prismacolour pencils & oms. His outfit is paper pieced with dp scraps. I used a fine black marker to draw in a collar, buttons for his shirt & pockets, belt loops & fly for his pants.

My favorite part on this card is his saw! The blade is actually a piece of the metal strip from a parchment paper box! The body of the saw was stamped on grey, cut out & glued on. Then I stamped another of his hands, cut is out & popped it up, so it kinda looks like he's wearing gloves!The image is mounted on circles cut with the nestie pinking die! It reminds me of a circular saw blade! This panel is popped up.

I finished it off with blue bayou ribbon & a little silver buckle.
Have a Great Day
Laurie

No comments: