Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Perfect Pink Kiwi Valentine!


Hello, well I'm on a roll, 2 posts in one day! I made this for todays colour challenge CC205, we were to use perfect plum, pink & kiwi kiss! Apparently I never use perfect plum, so that's what's great about these challenges, makes you think outside the box!I also used the featured stamper challenge for this one. The featured stamper (FS105) was K Dunbrook (Karen) I loved this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1201086?cat=500&ppuser=6575 so I had to use it! I changed the stamp, colours, & ribbon placement.

The card base is perfect plum, with a layer of white, & a layer of pink dp. I used the nestie labels #1 for the plum & kiwi layers, and the image.

The image was stamped on white, coloured with prismacolour pencils & oms. I also stamped the heart on the pink dp & cut out to fit. The little heart was coloured with the perfect plum marker & I added a little green gem to the centre.

The strip down the left was made with the Martha Stewart heart edge punch. Most edges were sponged, I forgot the pink layer!!! At least I remembered to do some sponging, unlike the card I posted earlier! The image panel is popped up.

So, what do you think? not your usual valentine colours!

Laurie

No comments: