Sunday, January 25, 2009

Olivia loves to knit!


I made this card for the HSC52, we were to make a card with more than one fold. But more importantly, I made this for our Daughter Oliva (9). At Christmas, Olivia asked for a knitting kit, so she could learn to knit. I swear she spent the majority of the holidays knitting, she caught on real quick! So this image of Sophie, from Hanna Stamps, was the perfect image for her birthday card this year.

I made a gate fold card. Sophie was stamped on white 2 times, and once on the dp for her chair. One white image was cut with the circle nestie, then I added the chair, cut out Sophie and added her to the chair! The ends of the needles and the ball of yarn are popped up (I cut a really tiny dot in half for the needles). I coloured the yarn to match the yarn Olivia is using.

It's finished off with glittery dp & gems, for just the right amount of glitz for a young girl!



Here's a pic of Olivia lounging and knitting over the Christmas holidays.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

Laurie

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your card and girl are so pretty! I love the moose knitting and how you made a special card for her!! What a great idea!