Monday, August 25, 2008

You Gotta Love a Sock Monkey!


This is my first card made with the new ‘Sock Monkey’ set from Stampin’ Up! I thought I’d be different and use blue bayou! I think he’s gorgeous! Lol and who doesn’t love a bouquet of flowers!

OK, I am a self-proclaimed SU designer paper Hoarder! I know shocking!!! But I broke it out for this one! And I’m glad I did, I love it!

The card base is blue bayou, with a layer of white and then another layer of blue bayou dp.


To make the monkey, I covered the canvas stamp with blue bayou and stamped on the blue bayou and white cs, reinking each time. Then I stamped the monkey a couple times on each, and once on solid white.


The circles/scallops were made with the nestabilities. The bouquet holder is vellum made with the circle scallop punch. The flowers were made with the fiskars punch, and the leaves are a Martha Stewart punch. The flowers have stick-on gems in the centers.The sentiment is the large & small oval punches, popped up and embellished with more flowers.

Have a great Evening Everyone!
Laurie

Ps don’t be afraid to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

No comments: