Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Thanks you Bookmark card


Hello, I made this bookmark card for my SIL. She came across some stamps, including this cat, while out at yard sales, and bought a whole bag of stamps for me!

This was my first bookmark card, and it was very easy, so if you haven't made one yet, you should give it a try. It's nice to make & give something that has a purpose, then they can keep and use it!

You need: one piece of cardstock 8.5" x 11", cut this piece at 5.5" length wise. Then score this piece at 4.25" and perforate at 8.5", this makes a 5.5" x 4.25" card. Now all you need is stamps & dp to finish however you like!

The card base is blue bayou, with a layer of old olive & a layer of dp modern milan (me & my big ideas). I don't know where the stamp is from, but I stamped it with black on white. Lots of punches where used for this one, small ovals for the sides, circles for the sentiment, and circle and scallops for the cats on the bookmark. Eyelets were used on the sides to thread the ribbon through, and on the bookmark.The sentiment is popped up and a tiny bead was glued in the center of the flower.I used the perforator tool from SU, it works beautifully!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Laurie

1 comment:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

I love it!!!

Make sure to look at my blog! Your winning card is on there!